Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 25

Dinner and a Show

For the past few years instead of gifts I've been buying my mother tickets to see things. It was a hell day today and we didn't feel like going to the theatre but I'd shelled out some hefty cash to see the MTC production of Summer of the Seventeenth Doll. So to summon our last ounce of energy we carbed up with spag bol. This is a meal from my own childhood and tastes pretty much the same as it did in 1978. It's not my favourite meal but I can get it bubbling away in the afternoon so dinner is a 20 minute job from beginning to end. It got us through a three hour play set in 1950's Australia.

1 comment:

  1. some of my favourite childhood memories involve the magnificent spag bol. Mostly because it was Dad's special dinner and usually involved him drinking half a bottle of red while cooking it. I'm glad you and Maggie got out to the the-ay-ter. And what a perfectly matched dinner with Australia in the 1950's. restaurant quality!

    ReplyDelete