Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 8

Baa baa

As many traditional home cooks do, I usually cook a roast on Sunday. Knowing I was going to be driving back from a long day in the country I compromised with BBQ lamb chops, potato gems (disgusting but the teens favourite) and the super green veggie salad. Beans, broccoli, spinach, lettuce, spring onions, cucumber and toasted pine nuts. I can get 6 vegetables into them all without them noticing. My beloved and I skipped the potato weirdness, the toddler ate mine and thought they were 'yumbo tumbo'.
They got a lemon delicious pudding for dessert.
So ends week 1!
We eat too much Salad.

2 comments:

  1. Ramona, I'm loving this blog. Your meals are really similar to what I make for the family and I love all the salads because I love getting more raw stuff into me and everyone. I made the burgers last night and made rolls ( dough in the bread machine, so easy). Keep them coming x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks librarygirl. Good to hear there are similaritie between our family tables. I am generally terrible at bread making so only attempt it in winter when soup is on. I have a bread machine but I lost the instructions, maybe I'll dust it off this week.

    ReplyDelete